Long lasting UDP connection's expiry

Hi Zeek,

Hope you are well.

I am currently working on extracting data from SIP protocol. In which, I came across a use case of holding every data exchanged over a UDP connection into the connection record and at the time of connection terminates, I want to work with all the combined data.

The connection is over UDP and between two proxies. Because of which I see the connection to be very active. In UDP there is no connection termination sequence like we have in TCP(FIN/FIN-ACK). Because of which, the connection lasts very long and it almost never expires(considering the connection is over two proxies).

What if I would like to terminate the UDP connection manually at some trigger. Is there a way where I can forcefully terminate the connection and not wait for 1 minute to bypass standard UDP connection expiry?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Nabil

Hi Zeek,

Hope you are well.

I am currently working on extracting data from SIP protocol. In which, I came across a use case of holding every data exchanged over a UDP connection into the connection record and at the time of connection terminates, I want to work with all the combined data.

What data are you talking about? if the data is attached to the
connection somehow, you can always access it.

The connection is over UDP and between two proxies. Because of which I see the connection to be very active. In UDP there is no connection termination sequence like we have in TCP(FIN/FIN-ACK). Because of which, the connection lasts very long and it almost never expires(considering the connection is over two proxies).

What if I would like to terminate the UDP connection manually at some trigger. Is there a way where I can forcefully terminate the connection and not wait for 1 minute to bypass standard UDP connection expiry?

Do you need to terminate it? If the connection terminated, what would you do?