Below are the notes, links to the slides and the recording. I forgot to hit record for the first half of the call so apologies in advance. The more we have of these calls the better we’ll get at all this.
- Results from Alternative to IRC Poll
- Slack was picked over Matrix
- No to replacing the Mailing list
- Zeek Monthly Newsletter
- Once a month, first full week of the month
- Who can help?
Alternate to IRC - I’ll be reaching out to those who said that could help maintain and admin the slack channel, so if you said yes to helping on either poll, look for an email and calendar invite for next week. We’ll get this channel set up and promoted in January.
Newsletter - We’ll be shooting for the first full week of each month to produce and promote each newsletter. If you would like to help with this please let me know so I can add you to the Zeek Newsletter calls. Format is detailed in the slide deck. The threat of the month/issue of the month/code share will start next month. Thank you to all those who said you could help with this.
Events - Look for information about upcoming events on the mailing list, twitter and the website. Heads up that there will be a workshop in Portland, OR on 18 February (details are still being finalized) and there will also be a join threat hunting workshop with Zeek and Elastic at BSides SFO the weekend of 21 -23 February. (More details to be published soon).
- 3 January Call Folder - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20
- Link to Agenda Slides - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20_Slides
- Link to Audio Only - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20_Audio
- Link to Video - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20_Video
7 February 2020 at 3pm Eastern
If you have anything you’d like me to add to the agenda please let me know.
Thanks again everyone, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, feedback etc. Here’s to a great 2020 and beyond!