[Bro-Commits] [git/bro] fastpath: Fix error emitted when loading local.bro in bare mode (8d7ca13)

I'm confused why this is needed, this script should already be loaded. I just checked and it is loaded in the base/protocols/smtp/__load__.bro script.

.Seth

Regarding the redef of SMTP::entity_excerpt_len without having
been previously defined.
+@load base/protocols/smtp/entities-excerpt

I'm confused why this is needed, this script should already be loaded. I just checked and it is loaded in the base/protocols/smtp/__load__.bro script.

But that the loading of that depends on running in "default" mode, right?

$ bro -b local
error in /Users/jsiwek/Projects/bro/bro/scripts/site/local.bro, line 69: "redef" used but not previously defined (SMTP::entity_excerpt_len)

Granted, I'm not sure if that's going to be a common case to use bare mode to load local.bro, but the rule should be that everything loads without error in bare mode (and the documentation generation does just that which is where I first observed the error)

+Jon

Oh. Hm, I see what you are talking about now. I wouldn't expect people to ever run local.bro in bare mode. Actually, how about you just remove that whole redef from the local.bro script (and the @load you added)? I wasn't sure I liked it that much at the time I wrote it and I don't think it would be something that a lot of people would be interested in anyway.

.Seth

Actually, how about you just remove that whole redef from the local.bro script (and the @load you added)?

Ok, I can do that.

+Jon