BRO: DNS TTL

Hi, I am trying to detect if a dns request is made before its TTL has expired. For example, if I make a request to www.example.com and I immediately make another request towww.example.com before the TTL is up, I would like to see a notice for this. The code below compiles without errors but I am not getting any notice for the example explained above. I think there may be an issue with the TTL vector. I would like to store it in a vector the same way I did for dnsTime and dnsQuery. However, TTLs is already a vector of interval. Do you have any suggestions after viewing the code below? Thanks.

redef enum Notice:: Type+= {DetectDNSTTL}

global dnsTime: time;
global dnsQuery: string;
global dsnTTL: vector of interval;

global dnsTimeVector: vector of time;
global dnsQueryVector: vector of string;
global dnsTTLVector: vector of interval;

event dns_request (c:connection, msg: dns_msg, query: string, qtype: count, qclass: count)
{

dnsTime = c$dns$ts;
dnsQuery = c$dns$query;
dnsTTL = c$dns$TTLs;

dnsTimeVector = vector(dnsTime);
dnsQueryVector = vector(dnsQuery);

#save vector TTLs in dnsTTLVector
for (j in dnsTTL)
{
dnsTTLVector = vector(dnsTTL[j]);
}

#check if query is already in vector
for (i in dnsQueryVector)
{
if (dnsQuery == dnsQueryVector[i])
{
#Calculate the TTL expiration by adding the dns request TTL and time
local ttlExpiration = dnsTTLVector[i] + dnsTimeVector[i];

#Send a notice if dns request time is less than TTL expiration time
if (dnsTime <= ttlExpiration )
{
NOTICE([$note = DetectDNSTTL,
$msg = “DNS Request occurred before TTL expired”,
$conn = c] );
}
}
}

}

I haven't run the script, but on first glance there appears to be a typo in the below line (dsn instead of dns):

Thanks. I fixed the typo. I’m still not getting anything in notice.log.

Hi, I would like to detect if DNS Request for a host occurred before the TTL expired for that particular host. I gave it try but it doesn’t work. My code is below. Can anyone help me with this or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Shaleta