Compile error (Broccoli?)

Greetings All,

I'm having an issue with compiling Bro with IPv6 and Cluster support. The base OS is FreeBSD 8.1 i368. Here is the error I'm getting:

building '_broccoli_intern' extension
creating /usr/home/user/bro/bro-1.5.1/aux/broctl/.python-build/temp.freebsd-8.1-RELEASE-i386-2.6
cc -DNDEBUG -O2 -pipe -D__wchar_t=wchar_t -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x100000 -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/home/user/bro/bro-1.5.1/aux/broccoli/src -fPIC -I../../src -I/usr/local/include/python2.6 -c broccoli_intern_wrap.c -o /usr/home/user/bro/bro-1.5.1/aux/broctl/.python-build/temp.freebsd-8.1-RELEASE-i386-2.6/broccoli_intern_wrap.o
In file included from broccoli_intern_wrap.c:118:
/usr/local/include/python2.6/Python.h:168:17: error: pth.h: No such file or directory
broccoli_intern_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_bro_event_add_val':
broccoli_intern_wrap.c:5585: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
broccoli_intern_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_bro_event_set_val':
broccoli_intern_wrap.c:5655: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
broccoli_intern_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_bro_record_add_val':
broccoli_intern_wrap.c:6810: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
broccoli_intern_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_bro_record_set_nth_val':
broccoli_intern_wrap.c:6996: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
broccoli_intern_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_bro_record_set_named_val':
broccoli_intern_wrap.c:7067: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
error: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/user/bro/bro-1.5.1/aux/broctl.
*** Error code 1

The problem looks to be in the compiling of broccoli. It states that pth.h is not in /usr/local/include/python2.6/
Although I checked and its there.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

=-=Blake

Not sure what's going on but my guess is that it's not a
Bro/Broccoli problem but something with the Python installation.

Robin

After some digging yesterday, I think your right. The version of FreeBSD
I was using on the first box was 8.0. I installed Bro on a new box with
OS version 8.1. My prior setup worked just fine. (Well LibGeoIP was
giving me grief)

Thanks,

=-=Blake