Compiler error on MacOS

All of a sudden my Mac says this when compiling master (Linux and
FreeBSD work fine):

In file included from /Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc:3:
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.h:13: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc: In member function ‘bool binpac::NetFlow::NetFlow_Flow::deliver_v5_header(binpac::uint16, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint16)’:
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc:158: error: ‘mgr’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc: In member function ‘bool binpac::NetFlow::NetFlow_Flow::deliver_v5_record(binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8)’:
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc:225: error: ‘mgr’ was not declared in this scope

I'm pretty sure that must be something local to my setup as others
here are using Mac too. Does anybody happen to have an idea what could
be causing this?

Robin

You don't happen to have my broken 64bit binpac branch checked out do you? I think I had that error when I was working on it. Speaking of that I need to dig back into that and fix it.

.Seth

All of a sudden my Mac says this when compiling master (Linux and
FreeBSD work fine):

In file included from /Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc:3:
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.h:13: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc: In member function ‘bool binpac::NetFlow::NetFlow_Flow::deliver_v5_header(binpac::uint16, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint16)’:
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc:158: error: ‘mgr’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc: In member function ‘bool binpac::NetFlow::NetFlow_Flow::deliver_v5_record(binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint32, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint16, binpac::uint8, binpac::uint8)’:
/Users/robin/bro/master/build/src/netflow_pac.cc:225: error: ‘mgr’ was not declared in this scope

I'm pretty sure that must be something local to my setup as others
here are using Mac too. Does anybody happen to have an idea what could
be causing this?

Looks similar to what happened in this thread:

http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/bro/2011-November/005185.html

+Jon

No, don't think so. It's a clean master (even did a fresh clone to be
sure) and I don't think it picks up another binpac.

Robin

I haven't tried a build since the new xCode. But that totally screwed up MacPorts.

Ah, interesting. Except that the suggested fix seems to be applied to
master already. But that may get me on the right track, I'll look at
it more closely later. Thanks,

Robin