Trying to compile bro 2.4.1 on linux. After setting up the packages for compile I run the ./configure scriipt and get the following error:
– Looking for include file pthread.h
– Looking for include file pthread.h - found
– Looking for pthread_create
– Looking for pthread_create - not found
– Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
– Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
– Looking for pthread_create in pthread
– Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
– Found Threads: TRUE
CMake Error at doc/CMakeLists.txt:14 (message):
Problem setting BROPATH
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/john/Projects/BRO-IDS/bro-2.4.1/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/john/Projects/BRO-IDS/bro-2.4.1/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.
After looking at the CMakeError.log file it seems that it’s looking for the pthreads library which is defined by -lpthreads
Can’t find that exact library for posix threads however here are the ones in ubuntu
root@merovingian:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu# aptitude search pthread
i libevent-pthreads-2.0-5 - Asynchronous event notification library (pthreads)
p libevent-pthreads-2.0-5:i386 - Asynchronous event notification library (pthreads)
i libpthread-stubs0-dev - pthread stubs not provided by native libc, development files
p libpthread-stubs0-dev:i386 - pthread stubs not provided by native libc, development files
p libpthread-workqueue-dev - thread pool library (development files)
p libpthread-workqueue-dev:i386 - thread pool library (development files)
p libpthread-workqueue0 - thread pool library
p libpthread-workqueue0:i386 - thread pool library
SO can I adjust CMake to use -lpthread or similar or tell CMake to skip this overall?