Hui Lin_Errors from included Bro policy

Hi

I am upgrading my OS to Ubuntu 12.04 and try to test my branch of work. However, I got some errors from the master branch when I run bro binary loading just default policy files.

error in /usr/local/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/files/./main.bro, line 317: unknown identifier Site::local_nets, at or near “Site::local_nets”

Any idea?

Best,

Hui Lin

error in /usr/local/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/files/./main.bro, line 317: unknown identifier Site::local_nets, at or near "Site::local_nets"

Maybe check if "local_nets" is actually defined in the version of base/utils/site.bro that you have (and that it's in the export section for module "Site"). If it's not, then you've got a modified/bad/old/wrong version of that script installed. You can also load policy/misc/loaded-scripts.bro, run bro, then check the loaded_scripts.log to see if you're actually loading the scripts from the location you expect.

- Jon

Just realize that yesterday, when I git clone, I actually git from git.bro-ids.org, instead of the git.bro.org. Can that be the case?

Just realize that yesterday, when I git clone, I actually git from git.bro-ids.org, instead of the git.bro.org. Can that be the case?

Both names point to the same place; shouldn't matter which is used.

- Jon