Hui Lin_Need Help on Git Merge Bro's master

Hi,

After two hours of trying and testing, I am totally messed up with Bro’s Git repository.

Today I discuss something with Jonathan about using broccoli and I find that for the long time, I just work on my branch and I did not merge and update from master branch into my branch. But I need to use some .bro policy in the current master branch.

So I try, ‘git fetch’, ‘git merge origin/master’ in my own development branch or in my local master branch. All I got is the error when I ./configure Bro’s source code. Here are the errors:

This sounds like the new cmake submodule isnt set up yet. Try:

git submodule update --recursive --init

Robin

cmake/CommonCMakeConfig.cmake

This sounds like the new cmake submodule isnt set up yet. Try:

git submodule update --recursive --init

Nope, this same error still happens for configure command.

It seems that my master is too old. I have not updated since June.
I git clone separate one on different location and the master branch works fine. But I don’t know how to pull out my branch remotely into this separate location.

It seems that my master is too old. I have not updated since June.
I git clone separate one on different location and the master branch works fine. But I don't know how to pull out my branch remotely into this separate location.

From the new clone, I think the command sequence will be:

git checkout <your topic branch>
git merge master

and if everything looks fine:

git push origin HEAD

If you had uncommitted/unpushed changes in your old clone that you wanted to recover and you had time to just come by my office, I can try to help -- I would have expected the recursive submodule update to fix it for you.

- Jon