The NSF-funded LIGO project, responsible for the recent breakthrough discovery of gravitational waves that validate Einstein's theory, has posted an opening for a Cybersecurity Officer. This represents an opportunity to undertake cybersecurity in the support of scientific research with one of NSF's largest projects.
CTSC and NCSA are working with LIGO to help advertise the position. Please see the LIGO posting for more information and details on how to apply: https://jobs.caltech.edu/postings/4919
NCSA is looking for at least one Security Engineer
Interviews and offers may be made before the closing date, so don't wait
Initial job duties will include:
1) Nagios. We have a fairly extensive system, but we'd like to start
generating the config programmatically instead of by hand and start
fine-tuning our checks, alerts, etc.
2) Automating system provisioning and updates using Katello.
3) Vetting. Important systems undergo a security vetting process before
they go in production. We're working on refining this and automating it.
4) CentOS 7 upgrade. We're upgrading our systems from CentOS 6 to 7.
5) Some VMware care and feeding.