bro-2.1.1-1.src.rpm

Hi,

I’m running an old version of bro and was looking for the bro-2.1.1-1.src.rpm SRPM that was generated when the Bro-2.1-Linux-x86_64.rpm was built. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

I'm running an old version of bro and was looking for the bro-2.1.1-1.src.rpm SRPM that was generated when the Bro-2.1-Linux-x86_64.rpm was built. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

There's no SRPM, but [1] is the corresponding source tarball from which I had CMake/CPack generate the binary package (using the pkg/make-rpm-packages script).

Jon

[1] http://www.bro-ids.org/downloads/release/bro-2.1.tar.gz

Thank you, Jon.

Is there a spec file that was created or anything? I'd just like to take a look as to how things were compiled.

After running `./configure --prefix=/opt/bro --pkg-name-prefix=Bro --binary-package && ( cd build && make package )`, CMake/CPack generated the attached spec file in ./build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/SPECS/bro.spec. I don't think anyone's attached to this way of creating the binary packages, so comments/suggestions are welcome.

Jon

bro.spec (21.6 KB)

Thank you very much, Jon. Is python >= 2.4.0 actually a requirement for bro-2.x or is that just what’s installed on your build system?

Cheers

Thank you very much, Jon. Is python >= 2.4.0 actually a requirement for bro-2.x or is that just what's installed on your build system?

I think that may have been the requirement for Bro 2.0, but it should now actually be python >= 2.6.

Jon