clusterization issue: logger node vs manager node or both ?

SO with the emergence of logging node, I am encoutering an issue with clusterization and was seeking feedback on whats a better way to do this.

Presently I have been using:

@if (( Cluster::is_enabled() && Cluster::local_node_type() == Cluster::MANAGER ) || ! Cluster::is_enabled())
@end if

and events worker2manager_events and manager2worker_events.

With logging node:

I can surely do "Cluster::local_node_type() == Cluster::LOGGER" and then events logger2manager_events and logger2worker_events etc etc so on so forth.

The issue I am facing is that to begin with I don't know if someone is only going to run manager only or if someone is going to run logger node as well, making

the following clumsy:

- @if (( Cluster::is_enabled() && Cluster::local_node_type() == Cluster::MANAGER ) || ! Cluster::is_enabled())
- if manager then use worker2manager and manager2worker events

OR
- @if (( Cluster::is_enabled() && Cluster::local_node_type() == Cluster::LOGGER) || ! Cluster::is_enabled())
- if logger then user logger events ?

Any thoughts on how to handle existence or non-existence of logger node in a clusterization scheme ?

Aashish

I *strongly* recommend not running code on the logger. The whole
point of the logger is that it doesn't have any script execution tasks
to take care of and it's solely dedicated to logging. What's the
problem you're trying to solve by running code there?

.Seth

I *strongly* recommend not running code on the logger. The whole

I agree and this makes sense.

What's the problem you're trying to solve by running code there?

So I have a working clusterized bro package but it stops behaving as expected if I enable logger node.

I am calling a worker2manager event inside "event log_smtp", that event' isn't kicking at all. When I disable logger, the event runs as expected. So this led me to wonder if somehow log_* events are running on logger and not on worker, which I doubted.

Further causing concerns about how existence of LOGGER node can affect the entire clusterization architecture.

Aashish