Testing errors with new XCode

Gave master a try today. Hardly saw any clang warnings. Did get the following on tests (after turning off DNSCrypt).

[ 25%] bifs.to_double_from_string ... failed
1 of 304 tests failed, 21 skipped
make[2]: *** [btest-verbose] Error 1
Coverage for 'btest' dir:
1051/1711 (61.4%) Bro script statements covered.
Coverage for 'external' dir:
Complete test suite code coverage:
1051/1711 (61.4%) Bro script statements covered.

Output of diag.log:

bifs.to_double_from_string ... failed
  % 'btest-diff error' failed unexpectedly (exit code 1)
  % cat .diag
  == File ===============================
  error in /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 7 and /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 15: bad conversion to count (to_double(d) and NotADouble)
  error in /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 7 and /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 16: bad conversion to count (to_double(d) and )
  == Diff ===============================
  --- /tmp/test-diff.33926.error.baseline.tmp 2012-07-25 18:52:04.000000000 +0000
  +++ /tmp/test-diff.33926.error.tmp 2012-07-25 18:52:04.000000000 +0000
  @@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
  -error in /da/home/robin/bro/master/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 7 and /da/home/robin/bro/master/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 15: bad conversion to count (to_double(d) and NotADouble)
  -error in /da/home/robin/bro/master/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 7 and /da/home/robin/bro/master/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 16: bad conversion to count (to_double(d) and )
  +error in /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 7 and /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 15: bad conversion to count (to_double(d) and NotADouble)
  +error in /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 7 and /Users/slagell/Downloads/bro/testing/btest/.tmp/bifs.to_double_from_string/to_double_from_string.bro, line 16: bad conversion to count (to_double(d) and )

I should not this is still on Lion, not Mountain Lion.

This should be fixed now, right?

Robin

Tried again today. The bif test passes now, DNS tests still have a problem if DNScrypt is on, 21 tests are still skipped (only with dnscrypt on), and the coverage is the same.

So I think we are all good. I just consider turning off the firewall and dnscrypt as standard procedure for running the tests. DNScrypt isn't segfaulting Bro anymore.

I think the test failure in this case is OK as it is indicating a rejection of poorly formed DNS responses from the local DNSCrypt proxy. When I had used a more recent version of DNSCrypt from their GitHub (https://github.com/opendns/dnscrypt-proxy), the responses were well formed and worked compatibly with Bro.

There may be be more we could do to still accept responses if at least one answer section was parseable from the response, but that seems like it could get sketchy.

Jon

Yeah, I also think this is fine to leave as it is (same goes for my
IPv6 problems; I still need to tweak my firewall settings to let them
succeed).

Robin