Zeek 2.6.4 undefined symbol: bro_version_2_6_1_plugin_6

Greetings,

Compiled Zeek 2.6.4 and when executing deploy I get the errors below,
anyone know the fix?

[BroControl] > deploy
checking configurations ...
logger scripts failed.
fatal error in /usr/local/bro/share/bro/base/init-bare.bro, line 1: cannot load plugin library /usr/local/bro/lib/bro/plugins/packages/bro-myricom//lib/Bro-Myricom.linux-x86_64.so: /usr/local/bro/lib/bro/plugins/packages/bro-myricom//lib/Bro-Myricom.linux-x86_64.so: undefined symbol: bro_version_2_6_1_plugin_6

manager scripts failed.
fatal error in /usr/local/bro/share/bro/base/init-bare.bro, line 1: cannot load plugin library /usr/local/bro/lib/bro/plugins/packages/bro-myricom//lib/Bro-Myricom.linux-x86_64.so: /usr/local/bro/lib/bro/plugins/packages/bro-myricom//lib/Bro-Myricom.linux-x86_64.so: undefined symbol: bro_version_2_6_1_plugin_6

proxy-1 scripts failed.

worker-1-1 scripts failed.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg,

It looks like you’ll want to remove and reinstall the bro-myricom package which will rebuild the plugin against the new source tree.

-Dop

Hi,

Yes I did that - didn't work. In fact there is no bro-myricom; there is
only bro/sethhall/bro-myricom found when searching with bro-pkg

Greg

Do:

git clone https://github.com/sethhall/bro-myricom.git
cd bro-myricom
./configure --bro-dist=<where bro-2.6.4 source is>
make
sudo make install

I've always removed the package prior to doing this.

James

Yeah, what James said. Doing it manually will help track down the issue. This could be an issue with which zeek_dist is pointed to in your .zkg/config. I’ve had that happen A LOT.

-Dop

So I ran zkg autoconfig - that fixed that problem, thanks for the hints.

Greg