Zeek Training sub-group Meeting minutes - 08/06/2021

Hi everyone,

Thank you for joining the sub-group meeting this morning. Appreciate the participation.
Please find below the meeting minutes from today’s meeting.

Let me know in case of any questions or issues.

Meeting Minutes:

• Update on content-creation sub-group -

• A base docker image for bare minimum Zeek is ready and will be published on “zeekurity” dockerhub account for people to use shortly. An announcement will be made on the training slack channel when it’s published.

• A second image will also be published shortly on the same dockerhub account that will be exclusively used for ZW’21 “Intro to Zeek” training. It will contain all the exercises and training material.

• The goal is to get the ZW’21 training ready by End of August.

• Update on Zeek Approved training FW -

• The first draft of the process is going to be presented to Zeek LT by next week (Aug 11). Please feel free to add any suggestions or comments to the doc here.

• Once LT had a chance to go over the first draft, the feedback/update will be shared in our next training sub-group meeting (Aug 20)

• If the draft gets approved by LT and the training sub-group members, then we will go ahead and start working on getting the Zeek Approved training process in place for our first candidate for the vetting - ZW’21 “Intro to Zeek” training.

• We will also be working on a promotional webinar with content-creation subgroup, Aashish and Anthony to go over a sneak peek at what to expect in this year’s ZW. The details for the webinar will be shared by Amber in the next couple of days.

• If you are interested in taking part in the Training content creation, please send out an email to myself (fatema@zeek.org) and cc’ing Keith (keith@zeek.org), and I will add you to our content creation meetings.