Next month (August 2022) marks the start of the second Zeek LT election. During this election, half of the LT seats are up for re-election. The seats up for re-election are currently held by Johanna Amann, Seth Hall, and Nick Turley. The remaining seats will be up for re-election in August 2023. These seats are currently held by Aashish Sharma, Fatema Bannat Wala, Keith Lehigh.
The role-based seats are not part of the election process. These are held by Vern Paxson (Founder’s seat), and Robin Sommer (Technical Lead seat). The Community Lead seat (non-voting) is currently vacant.
The following shows the timetable for the August 2022 elections:
- 9 August - Nomination Process begins
- 20 August - Nomination Process ends
- 22 August - Review Process begins
- 2 September - Review Process ends
- 5 September - Testimonial Phase negins
- 16 September - Testimonial Phase ends
- 19 September - Voting Process begins
- 29 September - Voting Process ends
- 3 October - Candidates are notified
- 6 October - Change in Leadership starts and Community notified
- 13 October - New members introduced at Zeek Week
- 20 October - Change in Leadership ends, new members in place
- Nomination Phase During this phase you can nominate yourself or someone you know for a seat on the LT by using a webform (URL to be announced at the start of the phase)
- Review Phase During this Phase the LT will ensure all nominees are eligible to run and they understand the roles and responsibilities and are willing to run.
- Testimonial Phase During this phase the nominees list will be made public and members of the community will be encouraged to add a testimonial.
- Voting Phase During this phase members of the current Zeek LT will vote on the candidates.
- Notification Candidates will be notified via email then the following day the community will be notified.
- Change in Leadership A two week period to allow for transfer of knowledge, go over procedures and more. During the 2-week transition period the new LT members will vote on a Chairperson.
For more information, please the the Zeek Project Leadership Team Process and Description on our wiki.
I will update this thread when the respective phases begin.
If you have any questions, please comment in this thread or contact the LT (at firstname.lastname@example.org) or me directly.
Johanna (for the Zeek LT)