error in /opt/zeek/share/zeek/base/init-bare.zeek, line 1: load plugin library .. Zeek-Spicy.linux-x86_64.so did not instantiate a plugin

Hello
I'm very new with zeek world, I downloaded and recompiled the spicy with zkg install zeek/spicy-plugin. I'm using ubuntu 18.04.1, zeek is working fine, but I cannot fix this issue.

zeek -NN _Zeek::Spicy
error in /opt/zeek/share/zeek/base/init-bare.zeek, line 1: load plugin library /opt/zeek/lib/zeek/plugins/packages/spicy-plugin//lib/_Zeek-Spicy.linux-x86_64.so did not instantiate a plugin
fatal error in /opt/zeek/share/zeek/base/init-bare.zeek, line 1: aborting after plugin errors

Thanks
Jl

Hi JI,

Could you share steps to reproduce this issue, in particular, how you built Zeek, Spicy, and spicy-plugin? My first suspicion would be that this is due to e.g., components being build against outdated other components, or due to differences between the build and runtime environment.

You can activate additional logging in the plugin by setting e.g., HILTI_DEBUG=zeek and by activating Zeek’s plugins debug stream if available (via zeek -B plugins). Given how early this error happens there might not be much information logged there though, but it might still contain something useful for debugging this further.

Cheers,

Benjamin