As previously announced, the nomination period for the Zeek LT closed on August 20th, 2023. To recap – during this election period, we looked to fill four seats on the Zeek leadership team.
During the nomination phase, we received nominations for five individuals. One of the nominations was for Christian Kreibich, who, as someone who already has a seat on the LT, does not need to be elected.
Thus, we got four nominations for the four seats that we have. The nominees are Aashish Sharma, Fatema Bannat Walla, Keith Lehigh and Seth Grover.
As the remainder of the election process only has a purpose when there are more nominations than seats, the Zeek LT decided to short-circuit the process, and accept all nominees into the Zeek LT.
While we got enough nominations to fill the open seats, the fact that we are struggling to get Zeek community members interested to serve on the Zeek LT is problematic for a number of reasons. If you were on the fence about nominating for the Zeek LT, and/or decided to not self-nominate, please reach out to us. Similarly, we would be happy to hear any feedback about our process.
The makeup of the LT after this election is:
- Aashish Sharma, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Christian Kreibich, Corelight (Technical Lead Seat)
- Fatema Bannat Wala, ESnet
- Johanna Amann, Corelight
- Keith Lehigh, University of Colorado
- Kelley Misata, Corelight (Community Seat, non-voting)
- Robin Sommer, Corelight
- Seth Grover, Idaho National Lab
- Vern Paxson, Corelight & University of California at Berkeley (Founder Seat)