Meeting date: 2023/09/07
(bold indicates attendance)
- Aashish Sharma, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
- Christian Kreibich, Corelight (Technical Lead Seat)
- Fatema Bannat Wala, ESnet
- Johanna Amann, Corelight (Chair)
- Keith Lehigh, Indiana University
- Kelley Misata, Corelight (Community Seat, non-voting)
- Robin Sommer, Corelight
- Vern Paxson, Corelight & University of California at Berkeley (Founder Seat)
- Richard Bejtlich (Corelight)
As the first order of business, the newly elected Zeek Leadership team selects a new chair. Johanna Amann volunteered to be the LT chair for this period, and was elected unanimously.
As noted in the previous meeting notes, we are currently working on formalizing who is contributing to the Zeek project, and the responsibilities of the different entities that contribute to the project (the Zeek LT, the Zeek Merge Masters, the different subgroups, Corelight, etc.).
As part of this process, the Zeek LT created a list of responsibilities that exist in the Zeek project. During this meeting, we continued the process of assigning these responsibilities (in a Responsibility assignment matrix). We again did not finish this process during the meeting, as it turns out there are both a large number of responsibilities and quite a number of distinct parties who might be considered for them; we will continue this work over the next few meetings.